At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
i. Understand key business imperatives and concepts that are critical for all business success that will enable them to think, relate and speak the language of business.
ii. Enrich the value and satisfaction of their roles as they can now ‘connect the dots’ on how the various parts relate to the whole.
iii. Make them take a fundamental mindset shift from being a product-driven to business-driven executives so that they will always align what they do with the business.
Who Should Attend
Middle to senior managers who will be potentially faced with reinventing conventional business models to stay competitive
The business coaching method is used to deliver this workshop for the primary reason that accelerated learning is best achieved through action learning. In doing this, these will take place:
i. Key business resources are taught on how a business is built, run and grow through their usage.
ii. 2-3 business case studies are studied, analysed and deliberated on to capture the key themes surrounding them.
iii. Each of the participants will take turn to be a ‘business coach’ to help his/her ‘client’ (who is the coach facilitator) in a structured journey where each of the business resources is applied. iv. Every engagement is evaluated with feedback given by the coach-facilitator and the participants.
• The Business of The Organisation – Getting a holistic and integrative perspective on how key components of an organisation support the business of the organisation
• Visioning the Business – Setting an inspiring big picture and long-term direction of the organisation
|Key Business Planning Resources||
• Business Profiling – Describing the ‘business landscape’ of the organisation that spells out key information for the clients and customers with vital knowledge of what the organisation really is
• Business Planning – Developing the details of the business master plan on how the organisation will attain its business goals
• Marketing Planning – Crafting the implementation strategies and programme in 5 key strategic areas of product, pricing, place, promotion, and people
|Key Business Positioning Resources||
• SWOT Analysis – Developing the business differentiation and positioning to capture market share and protect its market position
• Competitors’ Analysis – Evaluating the organisation’s competitiveness and how to sharpen it in these 5 key areas:
|Application of Business Resources||• Case Study Method: 2-3 Case Studies – We will use real-life case studies to exemplify the business imperatives that have been earlier studied. The participants will be assigned either the role of business owners or consultant with the latter helping the former to resolve business issues and attain their business goals. The other participants shall play the role of observers who will give their evaluation on how effective the sessions are|
|Close||• Reinforcement of Key Learning Points – In wrapping up, participants will be verbally tested on their understanding of the business imperatives and how they can use them to value-add their roles in the organisation|