EFFECTIVE ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
Being customer-focused goes beyond the quality of product/service offerings. It includes understanding your customer’s corporate strategy and ensuring that offerings match their overall strategy, as well as maintaining a strong relationship with them.
This course teaches you how to:
i. Develop and maintain solid, long-term relationships with customers.
ii. Identify and manage customer expectations with regards to your role as an account manager.
iii. Produce short, medium, and long term client account plans.
iv. Close deals through calm, confident sales techniques rather than hard selling.
Who Should Attend
Account managers and those who may have to manage or mentor account managers.
This programme enables you to identify common techniques that are applied to build rapport with customers and subsequently, strong, trusting, long-term relationships with your customers. You will learn strategies to tackle situations with emotional maturity. It also includes simulations, role playing activities, and interactive workshops to give you practical experience.
|Basic communication skills||
• Learning basic communication skills to build rapport with customers
• Appreciating the importance of subtle non-verbal behaviour
• Developing active listening skills
• Discovering convincing channels of communication
• Dealing with explicit and implicit resistance
• Managing tense atmospheres with emotional intelligence
• Soliciting customer expectations (both explicit and implicit)
• Negotiating deliverables and your role with customers and managing their expectations
• Learning to align your priorities with customer priorities
• Ascertaining your competitive advantage in the market and capitalising strengths and applying strategies to mitigate the effects of inherent weaknesses
|Strategic thinking and planning||
• Formulating short, medium, and long-term client account plans by having a sense of anticipation of clients’ future needs
• Understanding the dynamics that shape your clients’ industry, including the roles of key stakeholders