This module will encompass the main aspects of the Competition Act 2010, which came into force in January 2012. On completion of the course, participants will be able to identify agreements that restrict competition, rules regulating the behaviour of firms with dominant position, and power and procedure before the Competition Commission.
Who Should Attend
Commercial lawyers and in-house legal counsel.
• Chapter 1 Prohibition: Horizontal and vertical anti-competitive agreements
• How to apply for exemptions: Individual and block
• Chapter 2 Prohibition: Abuse of dominant position
• Powers of the Commission and offences
• Procedure before the Commission
• Competition At: Dos and Don’ts