Effective Business Writing
Effective Business Writing is a that course teaches you to:
i. Read and interpret the various forms of written business communications.
ii. Recognise the common errors in business writing communications.
iii. Produce business emails, letters and reports accurately.
iv. Communicate clearly and concisely.
v. Reduce self-consciousness and self-doubt.
Who Should Attend
Employees at all levels in a corporation who seek to maximise their performance, become stronger and more confident communicators through writing and thereby add more value to the organisation
Effective Business Writing runs in various formats. The emphasis is on workshop activities with hands-on participation and exercises of working in small teams to promote communication between colleagues and team work. This programme can be presented in various ways depending on the client’s needs.
|Introduction||• Usage of Introduction Matrix to introduce fellow colleagues
• Understanding of different learning styles
• 20 Golden Rules
• Thinking and organisational rules for writing
• Review of concept mapping
|Business Writing||• Taking notes in a business context
• Taking minutes of meetings
• Practical exercise where teams are to discuss and prepare a concept map for a particular topic
|Lateral Thinking||• Exercise in creative thinking/problem solving|
|Business Letter Writing||• Ten secrets of writing business letters
• Writing business memos and emails
• Outline of a business memo
• Manage emails
• Review and correct emails
• Guidelines to writing a formal report
• Formatting a business letter
• How to write a letter of complaint
|Writing Assignment||• Preparation by participants of business letter of response/group work
• Presentation/feedback of written material-writing
• Every participant to provide feedback and ask questions on written exercise
|Closing Address||• Facilitator reviews the workshop and summaries its purpose and outcome|