Be A Global Manager
This workshop strives to sharpen sensitivities for cultural differences, dismantles prejudices, and helps to avoid common mistakes which can be negatively impact business relationships. Recommended for international managers who work in overseas and travel often. At the end of the Be A Global Manager workshop, participants should be able to:
• Understand the importance of culture and how an individual is defined by his cultural background.
• Understand the concept of cultural diversity and how to use it to our advantage.
• Grasp the requirement of a global manager and its competencies.
• Explore the 8 sets of cultural dimensions and the differences in perspectives.
• Uncover your personal cultural dimensions and values derived from them.
• Explore the differences in communication, negotiation, management styles, and do’s and don’ts in some generic cultures.
Who Should Attend
Businesses are borderless and it is common to expand beyond the border. Once you set foot offshore and negotiate on an international deal, cross-cultural competency becomes indispensable. The cost can be significant if the culture element is ignored. Global managers should be aware of the implicit differences in communication although both parties use English as the common medium, what can give you added advantage in the negotiation deal and how cultural diversity can be leveraged for improved productivity. In Be A Global Manager, you will be exposed to different managerial methods and case studies to enhance your competency as a Global Manager.
1 – 2 Days
Participants will be able to use a variety of learning approaches ranging from pre-workshop survey questionnaires, an activity on values and cultural dimensions, and applying multiple intelligences.
|Introduction to Culture & Diversity||• Discover your Delights, Puzzles & Irritations
• Understand culture & the tree analogy
• Understand values and the basis of our underlying assumption on the way we behave
• Perspective taking: Cultural Lens Syndrome
|Be a Global Manager||
• Qualities of a Global Manager
• Challenges of a Global Manager
• Global Leadership
|East vs West Approach||
• What are the differences in the approach?
• Discover the 8 sets of Cultural Dimensions and the differences
• Discover your own Cultural Dimensions and its values derived
|Competencies of a Global Manager||
• Communicating across cultures
• Negotiating across cultures
• Managing Cultural Diversity
• Case studies