Managers are increasingly grappling with generational differences in their work forces. Problems can arise from differing mindsets and communication styles of workers born in different eras. The frictions may be aggravated by new technology and work patterns that mix workers of different ages in ever-changing teams. Hence, having the art of managing different generations will create a unified team to achieve better results. Specific objectives of this programme include:
i. Understanding the characteristics of different generations.
ii. Recognise their strength.
iii. Learn techniques to build a better relationship with others.
iv. Acquire a basic skill of team bonding.
v. Creating a happy and a conducive working environment.
Who Should Attend
Those who are or will be in a position of leading or managing a team that consists of different generations.
In this programme, participants will learn the art of managing different generations by effectively addressing and taking advantage of the difference in values and expectations of each generation.
|The History of Different Generations||• Why are there different generations?
• Are there generational differences between different countries?
• History of the Silent Generation
• Characteristics of the Silent Generation
• Is this generation still relevant in today’s world?
• History of the Baby-Boomer generation
• Characteristics of the Baby-Boomer generation
• How does this generation fare in today’s world?
• History of Generation X
• Characteristics of Generation X
• The crucial section of today’s adult world
• History of Generation Y
• Characteristics of Generation Y
• The future of our Leaders
|Generation Z & Alpha||
• History of these generations
• Characteristics of both generations
• The next workforce
|Managing Different Generations||
• Understanding their world
• The art of walking together